home best of FAQs contact

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Undeserving

I am undeserving.


Of my wonderful job.
Of my parents
Of my family
Of Sam
Of grace and mercy.

Those don't even begin to brush the surface of the all goodness the Lord has bestowed upon me.  And for what reason?   Because He is Love.  Because He is Love he gives blessings.   I am reminded of this verse in John:

John 1:16 (NIV)
From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.




Right now the blessings are evident.  They are pouring in from every angle.  In 8 days I am marrying the love of my life.  My parents have provided steadfast love throughout my life; despite my faults, failures, and screw-ups.  My boss is empowering.  My co-workers are caring. My Saviour is there every hour.  I am forgiven the repulsive sin of Hell to have a relationship with Him.

I don't deserve them, but in thankful praise to the One from whom all blessings come, I accept them joyfully in humble thanks.  These blessings are mine, yes, but they say nothing of me.  They say everything about my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren