home best of FAQs contact

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Simple loves

Ah, Thursday. The week is almost over.
Lately I've been inspired by simple design.  You could say it's the husband's fault.
I've fallen in love with mid-century design.
Combined with my love of everything pottery barn
you could say I'm daydreaming design and houses.
So we will keep saving those paychecks so we can find that dream house.
But for now I'm transforming the apartment into our little mid-century haven.
and these are my simple loves and the things that get me inspired:

Edison chandelier.  It was originally the husband's idea; but I have fallen completely head over heels with it.  I'll claim intelligence on my part for recognizing a good great idea.


White linens.  Ah, timeless white linens.    I don't care much for clutter and would prefer everything to be built in and put away. Blue walls are soothing against timeless white bed linens. Floral patterning appearing on a round bedside table adds a note of femininity.
Ah, there it is again.  So wonderfully refreshing.  I feel better just looking at it.



I saw this table runner as a DIY project on a blog.  I must do it soon.  Mom will be proud of repurposing old doilies--it's recycling at it's best.  Wonderfully classic.


Shelving--always an issue in apartments.  These are well done. 


White vases.  So chic and elegant.  Love them for all seasons. 

A thought to leave you with for the day:


What do you think? What style inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren