home best of FAQs contact

Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm Back!!!

Soooo....

I had big aspirations for this blog (and still do)...and then lots of life happened and now it's been two weeks.  Or maybe more, who's counting?  soooo...don't be upset.  I still love the blog.  And you two readers who are out there.  Are you out there?? 

Let's give you the quick run down:
  • Mr. Battershell and I went to Austin for Mothers day.  It was great; we ate at Green Pastures and it was my first time to be a part of this family tradiation officially as "family!"  Yea for marriage.
  • We bought a queen bed!!! Hallelujah!  Full bed = too small. 
  • We have decided to stay in our current apartment for the next year.  Moving in August = bad idea.  Moving in Houston ever = bad idea.  Moving in Houston in August = !?!?!?!?!?!  idea.  Thus, we are staying.
  • I have an intern.  Her name is Tiffany and she is smart and nice and personable.  She follows me around all day every day.   Meet Tiffany:

    She's so cute!  And learning so fast! 
  • We attended two friends weddings in one weekend.  Yay for more marriage.
  • We have been married 5 months!  (and getting closer to 6!)
  • I have finally started a "plate wall"....more pics to come.  The house looks different now, (with the queen bed and all); and we have been working on decorating.  SOOO, I will re-tour all of you guys. 
Remember this picture...back when we talked about what was inspiring me/what I liked???  The white linens, etc?  That's where the inspiration for the queen bed came.  You're going to love it! 
    The husband was even so sweet to get me white peonies to go on my bedside table....like this picture!!
    And yes, I am forever indebted to his twin, Kara, for her complete success in instilling my husband with wonderful style.  THANKS KARA!!!!!!! 
  • PS. The guest room has been updated--so there is more reason to come visit!!

We are so looking forward to our Memorial day weekend...no traveling,  no long hours in the car...just the Mr. and me in Houston.  It will even include sleeping in. 

Enjoy your 3 day weekend as much as we are going to enjoy ours!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren