home best of FAQs contact

Friday, August 10, 2012

bearing the weight

it's Friday morning and it seems like years ago that it was Monday.
5 short days that feel like a lifetime.
the weight of this season is heavy.
5 minutes into each day I'm ready to throw in the towel.
my heart is quiet in this season--when struggling to survive,
words seem like extra fancy gifts I don't have time to give.

this season began in a flurry. moving, changing, new.
it's now beginning to seem permanent.
it's hard and it's raw and it might not be over anytime soon.

and since the days will keep coming,
and this weight will still be here,
I've got to change how I'm bearing it.

because for now, it's draining me empty
leaving just the skeleton of the person I know I am.

i'm bearing it knowing it's a season
i'm bearing it knowing there's grace when I fail
i'm bearning it knowing it's for a reason
bearing it knowing there's a husband at home whose love is deeper than that day's struggles
bearing it knowing each day there's the promise of the quiet of the morning
bearing it knowing He's making me new

3 comments:

  1. This is my first visit here....I saw it on Tiny Twig...

    First, I loved your post from today. It really resonated with me!

    Second, your blog is absolutely beautiful!!! You can tell that you put so much time into it.

    Blessings to you...I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl Ryan & I are praying for you guys. Transitions are super tough & we are here if you guys need to get out. You can come visit Bryant any time :) It was great seeing ya'll Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren