home best of FAQs contact

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

making room to breathe

SO, 31 days ended a while ago and I'm not near finished with that series. And if I'm honest, I don't know what I'm going to do about it. For now, the plan is to continue to write it. Just for me. It's something where I'm being taught and it's painful and good for me to keep writing it. So, if you're interested, I'll try to keep you updated about how that is going.

but this post is about something different.

it's about how to balance life + blogging. I don't know if balance really exists. Maybe we're just in seasons. And some seasons are completely devoted to one or two things and thats's ok.

because for me, I put an inordinate amount of pressure on myself to get a post out there every day. and then it doesn't happen. and 2 weeks go by, and the pressure only builds. How can I go back to blogging after being so bad at it?

And the other things pile, and pile and pile. And I say yes, yes yes. Then--the do nothing stage. I shink and shudder as I look at the list and I cry and do nothing.

So here I am. A bad blogger. Trying to make time for everything. And in that, cutting a lot.  Because I need to make some room for myself to breathe.

I am running the San Antonio marathon this Sunday--and the plan for this week was rest. Rest from running, rest from stress. Just rest. Focus on the goal, watch a lot of movies. And if I'm honest, I've failed pretty bad at that too. 

So this place, and my life, is returning to those goals.

Serving my God
Loving my family
Representing Christ in all I do at work.
Being a part of community.
Running Seek First.

And everything above that, it's extra. Because in doing all those things, I need to make sure I have room to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren