home best of FAQs contact

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

book list 2013


I thought I posted this in January. Last night searching the internet for this list on my own blog, I realized it was still in the drafts!  Ha! Now it's visible for all to see how bad at blogging at am.  But, if you're interested, here's my list.


I posted on goals oh forever a go, and reading wasn't one of them. It's sort of an unspoken goal that I'll read as much as possible in a  year. I'm a reader. I love reading and talking about books to friends. So, because time is valuable and limited, I've made a list of what I'd like to read in 2012. These aren't hard and fast books, but I want to be cognizant of what I'm reading.

 I'd like to read at least 30 books this year. But, like yesterday, there's grace. If I do all of this list, or half of it, there's grace. This is just my small plan of what I'd like some of my year to hold. 

Inspirational

1.       Beautiful Boy by David Sheff
2.       They Killed my Father by Loung Ung
3.       Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist
4.       Quiet by Susan Cain
5.    Expecting Adam by Martha Beck

Running

1.       Born to run by Christopher McDougall
2.       Eat and Run by Scott Jurek

Faith Based

1.       Radical by David Platt
2.       Grace for the Good Girl by Emily Freeman
3.       Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist
4.       Crazy Love by Francis Chan
5.       Forgotten God by Francis Chan

Biographies

1.       The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
2.       Columbine by Dave Cullen
3.       Islands of the Damned by RV Burgin
4.       In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
5.       Morality by Christopher Hitchens

Classics

1.       Atlas Shrugged by Ann Rand
2.       To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Fluff

1.       The Tigers Wife by Tea Obreht
2.       Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
3.       Bossypants by Tina Fey
4.       MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche
5.       Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls
6.       The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer

Do you have any plans to read? What's on your list? I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you put your book goals in categories like that! I definitely want to try to be better about reading biographies and classics and less "fluff."
    I just finished Francis Chan's Forgotten God and it was so, so great!
    And Gone Girl is a great fluff book that I just couldn't put down!
    Good luck with your book list!

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren