home best of FAQs contact

Friday, January 27, 2012

falling in love again: Heart of Thankfulness Chapter 11

I can’t believe it’s the last chapter of 1,000 Gifts. I hope you have enjoyed going through the book with us. It’s been a blessing for me to share a book that has had such an impact on my life.

This last week, in the comments, just share some of your gifts you have listed through our series. 
_________________________________________


The gifts, the ones we’ve been counting for weeks now are a song
A love song, at no less.
In Eucharisteo I count, count, count, keeping the beat of His song, this love song He won’t stop singing.
A love song sung by a Savior over me.
Over me?
 

He is singing

“You are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you” Isaiah 43:4
 He is singing and giving.

Sunrises, lemons, soapy water. Giving cuddles, baked bread, and fresh blooming flowers.
And to think I could have missed it all. He’s singing and giving all for us.
We see into His heart and it is so personal, so intimate, and so utterly fulfilling.



Giving thanks and counting gifts awakens me to a God that is giving Himself with naked,
Unashamed passion. A God giving Himself to me for a surrender of love.


“In a thousand ways He woos.

In a thousand ways I fall in love

Isn’t falling in love always the fullest life?”



But falling in love is terrifying. And who wouldn’t be afraid at intimacy with a Holy God?

God, the trinity is relationship and He woos us to relationship.

There is nothing with God if there is no relationship.



So I allow my heart to fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren