home best of FAQs contact

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Give it to receive it: Heart of Thankfulness

Throughout the posts that Nicole and I have written about One Thousand Gifts, we’ve talked a lot about opening ourselves up to seeing the gifts that the Lord has given us.  We’ve opened our hands to have them filled by the Father.  He’s filled our hands with joy, with blessings. 
“If eucharisteo had led us to let go and open the hand to receive all His shimmering river of gifts, how can we now close the hand?  If I close those fingers, try to hold, hoard the river- dam up the grace- won’t the water grow stagnant?”
He has filled my life so much.  The blessings and the gifts have been given to me in abundance, but can I keep it all for myself?  Will the gifts keep their meaning all shut up in my clinched fists?
“Eucharisteo is giving thanks for grace.  But in the breaking and giving of bread, in the washing of feet, Jesus makes it clear that eucharisteo is, yes, more:  it is giving grace awayEucharisteo is the hand that opens to receive grace, then, with thanks, breaks the bread; that moves out into the larger circle of life and washes the feet of the world with that grace.”
If I shut my hands, the grace stops flowing.  But, when I open my hands wide, grace flows… and it flows on.  I have been blessed so that I can go on to bless others.
Our mission here to to serve, to love, and to live like Jesus. 
We’ve learned so much about seeing joy these last few weeks of these series. 
Don’t you want to share what you see?
Don’t you want others to feel that joy, too?
"God can enter into me, even me, and use these hands, these feet, to be His love, a love that goes on and on and on forever, endless cycle of grace.”
Will you be an endless cycle of grace?

1 comment:

  1. I love this. That book was for sure life changing (to say the very least) :)

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren