home best of FAQs contact

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

putting me together

Sunday morning I ugly cried.
over an outfit.
trying to get ready for church, trying to put something new together
and it just wasn't working

getting dressed, for me, is a battle.
I have a few things that I go to most of the time.
and the rest of my closet never gets worn.

I want to look cute, look put together, look pretty.
my husband is an amazing dresser. really.
a twin sister and a lot of time looking through JCrew magazines
have given him a great eye for style

 

but me, 
I'm the nerdy, geeky girl who never really cared for fashion.

now, don't hear this as "I only care about outer beauty"
that's a far cry from the truth.
I don't want to blow our budget on clothes, 
and I care more about the state of my heart than the state of my wardrobe


but I want to use the clothes I have
and the money we set aside for clothes
to create a wardrobe where I can get dressed and feel confident.
without crying.

my husband, in all of his wisdom, has turned all of my hangers around in my closet
and when I wear items, we turn the hanger back the "normal" way.
it's giving me an idea of those things I always go to,
and helping me get out of that rut.


and I'm considering buying "The No Brainer Wardrobe" ebook.
do any of you have it? is it helpful?

what tricks and tips do you have for your wardrobe?
how to you get dressed in the morning? what are your go-to outfits?

all images from my pinterest board "wear me" http://pinterest.com/runninglauren/wear-me/

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read The No Brainer Wardrobe {even though I have the sizeable chunk Hayley gave away for a tweet or fb mention}, but I did read Hayley's blog series on it in October and even just reading and not participating helped me think about my wardrobe differently. I've had to get a lot more creative with my wardrobe because I now work every day & I am so behind on laundry {just keepin' it real ;] }. I would recommend it! I know I've learned a lot from stretching my wardrobe and I'd love to share ideas with you! Maybe we can email about it? Let me know. Dressing is my hardest part of getting ready and I'm really ready for that not to be true anymore.

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren