home best of FAQs contact

Thursday, February 23, 2012

season of lent

the days fly by.
morning coffee turns into nighttime face-washing
and I don't know where the hours go.

I'm here, there
but never really present.
always thinking, always doing.

Samuel asks
"Why can't you ever just be still?"

and in my head I list the reasons
there's work to be done
dishes to be washed
homework
meals to cook
a house to clean

No, husband.
I can't be still.
I won't be still.
Stillness echoes in my heart as laziness
but to others it screams unworthy.
I'm here, but I'm not present.

so this season of Lent I'm cutting away all those things that keep me busy
focusing on the few that remain on my place.
and giving thanks for grace along the way

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren