home best of FAQs contact

Thursday, April 19, 2012

the waiting parts


if you've been around here for long enough,
you know that I blog mostly to tell our story.
the story of two sinners, covered in grace.
it's a story that paints the goodness of God,
not the goodness of us.


and this season of our story sounds a lot like waiting.
quiet, eager anticipation.
just waiting.

waiting for me to finish my pre-recs
waiting for Sam to find his passion in his career
waiting to know what city we'll eventually end up in. after all my school is done.
waiting to buy a house.
waiting (for AWHILE) for kids

waiting.


and sometimes.
well, most of the time.
my selfish and impatient heart does not want to wait.
like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum,
I beg and plead and cry to God
why not now!?!
why not now?


because the waiting changes.
the waiting is the incubator.
he's prepping, preparing.
and if we're being honest, this waiting isn't so bad.
( I will not be a whiney blogger, nor a whiney person.)

the waiting can be hard.
but the waiting can draw my heart to the only giver of life.
so I'll stay in the waiting.
because I want to transition well.
when the time comes.

7 comments:

  1. Waiting is hard so often, but it definitely grows us closer to God!

    Good reminder to be patient and wait... I know I'm bad at it!

    BTW love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good to wait, but I struggle with it too!

      Delete
  2. I'm waiting with you, friend. It's hard. But, oh, it's sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sweet. I know I will want to look back on this time and remember that I enjoyed the waiting because it's part of life too. Not just the "getting there."

      Delete
  3. Wow, this really was encouraging! We are in a waiting period ourselves. I often throw fits about it too. The incubation metaphor was great. Thank you for posting this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post. I know I've had to throw my life plan out the window and just trust. That dress looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren