home best of FAQs contact

Friday, August 26, 2011

my favorite things



me: are you still up?
sam: yes
me: do you want some ice cream?  and maybe watch some criminal minds? and camping in the living room?
sam: are you saying that what you want?
me: yes.
sam: okay, come on.

my favorite thing about marriage is not that we can camp in the living room.
but that is fun.
my favorite thing about marriage is that
it's never over.
it's not over on good days at work,
or bad days,
or when we are looking for jobs, or just happy.
or crying in the kitchen over dinner

I will have my best friend on all of the days.
and all of the mornings.
and that's my favorite thing.

10 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes my heart happy. I write letters to my future husband and lately I've just been telling him how much I'm ready to do life together. I love these words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat and I camp out in the living room as well. Its our favorite thing to do on weekends. We have tv marathons and eat ice cream or have a beer. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is precious! i feel the same way about my hubby :) also, i've been meaning to send you a message and let you know that i received my necklace and i love it! thanks so much :) happy friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I love that it reminds me that you have to accept the good and the bad as part of marriage. That what its all about and its all a blessing... even though it might not feel like it at times :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cal and I have definitely gone camping in the living room (set up our tent and watched peter pan inside it - seemed like a campy movie)and eaten ice cream when we couldn't sleep

    Marriage IS awesome, isn't it? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and sweet! I love that marriage is like a giant sleepover with your best friend EVERY NIGHT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a sweet sentiment! and totally true :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my hubs and i camp out in the living room all the time! just found your blog, following now!

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren