home best of FAQs contact

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

key pieces I'm loving

remember how I cried on Sunday about that outfit? (like a long time ago)
and I was working on my wardrobe.
well, here's what I've got so far.

For inspiration, I have taken to reading a couple of blogs daily--
these bloggers are so sweet and have great tips for real girls like me to get dressed!

  • Audrey at Putting Me Together has a great blog and awesome outfit pictures. She even links some of her items to the places you can buy them! 
  •   Merrick at Merrick's Art is about the cutest girl you will ever see. She has GREAT refashion tutorials to take some of your so-so items in your closet and make them your favorite pieces!
I talked about reading the "No Brainer Wardrboe" a while back, and now I'm halfway through
and I've made a list of some key pieces I want to add to my wardrobe
it'll be a slow process, and I'm hoping to find some at thrift stores, 
but I'm on my way to having a much better (and easier) wardrboe!

and I've come away seeing a few key pieces that need to get added to my wardrobe.

1. A blazer. My husband has preached this idea to me for a while now, but I'm finally on board.

2. Blouses. I have virtually no blouses. All t's and button downs.


3. A yellow cardigan. I have a million (well, 7) cardigans and not one of them is yellow.



4. A blue or chambray button down. So versatile



5. Skinny or colored jeans--doubling all the ways I can wear my tops!



6.  Riding boots--I'm a short girl, and not sure how these are going to look good without making me too short, but I would love a good pair.




What's on your to-buy list? Do you have any of these pieces and love them? AND would love to tell me where you got them?

I'm linking up with the Vintage Apple for pinteresting Wednesdays, and you should too!

]

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that chambray button down + the green pants!

    happy wednesday
    xx :: ashlyn

    let it be beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that pink dress under the blue button down! Cut style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks for linking, Lauren! Every single one of the pieces you listed were things on my list when I began revamping my wardrobe. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

    Annnd, WARNING: about to write a novel for a comment. Ready? haha

    I get blazers at Target, H&M and Forever 21 (to my own surprise).

    Blouses from Old Navy (and lots of other places). I've been liking some of these lately: http://www.questhavenfashions.com/

    I searched foreverrrrr for yellow cardigans. Target and H&M put them back in rotation every once in a while, and sometimes Nordstrom has them in the junior's section.

    Chambray also from Target, but right now Old Navy has 3 different versions. For better quality, you can always find them at JCrew, Madewell or Gap.

    Colored jeans are also at Target & Old Navy in mass quantities and colors right now! (Check online if not in stores). Target: here. Old Navy here. If those links don't work, look for the links on my blog, Part 3 of Building a Remixable Wardrobe, the one about colored bottoms. Search for "colored pants" and the links are in that paragraph.

    I found riding boots at Macy's. Target used to have some cheaper options a few months ago, dunno if they're still there. Steve Madden Intyce boots are very popular. And, DSW might have some.

    Good luck, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, your posts aren't showing up in my RSS feed. :(

    Second: I LOVE my brown boots, and they don't go all the way up to my knee, so they don't make me look super short. They are from Dillards!

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren