remember how I cried on Sunday about that outfit? (like a long time ago)
and I was working on my wardrobe.
well, here's what I've got so far.
For inspiration, I have taken to reading a couple of blogs daily--
these bloggers are so sweet and have great tips for real girls like me to get dressed!
- Audrey at Putting Me Together has a great blog and awesome outfit pictures. She even links some of her items to the places you can buy them!
- Merrick at Merrick's Art is about the cutest girl you will ever see. She has GREAT refashion tutorials to take some of your so-so items in your closet and make them your favorite pieces!
I talked about reading the "No Brainer Wardrboe" a while back, and now I'm halfway through
and I've made a list of some key pieces I want to add to my wardrobe
it'll be a slow process, and I'm hoping to find some at thrift stores,
but I'm on my way to having a much better (and easier) wardrboe!
and I've come away seeing a few key pieces that need to get added to my wardrobe.
1. A blazer. My husband has preached this idea to me for a while now, but I'm finally on board.
2. Blouses. I have virtually no blouses. All t's and button downs.
3. A yellow cardigan. I have a million (well, 7) cardigans and not one of them is yellow.
4. A blue or chambray button down. So versatile
5. Skinny or colored jeans--doubling all the ways I can wear my tops!
6. Riding boots--I'm a short girl, and not sure how these are going to look good without making me too short, but I would love a good pair.
What's on your to-buy list? Do you have any of these pieces and love them? AND would love to tell me where you got them?
I'm linking up with the Vintage Apple for pinteresting Wednesdays, and you should too!