home best of FAQs contact

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Heart of Thankfulness Chapter 4

 Hi friends! Welcome to Thursday. Nicole has chapter 4 for us this week
__________________________________________




“Can our time-crammed lives handle yet one more thing?”
 
We race from place to place, from moment to moment. 
 
Hurry get your things together.
 
Talk fast I don’t have enough time.
 
Come on, we’re going to be late.
 
We’re always rush, rush, rush.  But, in the midst of all this running, hurrying, and rushing, we miss our lives.  In the midst of all this rushing, all we can seem to fix our eyes on is the next minute.  The next thing we can rush to.
 
a career, a husband, a baby, a bigger house, a faster car, a better vacation… more more more.
 
In all the rushing we forget the most important thing.  The only thing that can give us more time.  And, truthfully, don’t we all just want more time?
 
“Give thanks and get time?  Give thanks… slow time down with all your attention- and your basket of not-enough-time multiplies into more than enough time.”
 
Taking moments to see and be thankful for the small things…
 
ice on trees
 
a butterfly floating by
 
a baby’s cackle
 
allows those moments to linger for just a little bit longer.
 
Yesterday morning it snowed here in Oxford.  It was a big surprise waking up, peeking through my window, and seeing a steady flow of snow falling from the sky.  I smiled.  My next instinct was to check the weather and see how long it was going to last.
 
I just had to know how much time I had left to watch it fall.
 
But, why?  Why do I have to know when it’s going to stop?
 
I decided to not check, and just to enjoy it while it lasted.  I sat outside on my balcony with a cup of coffee and watched the snow create a pure, white blanket on the ground.  Every once in a while the wind would pick up and the snow would blow inside my balcony, right on my little head and into my hot coffee cup.
 
I laughed.
 
I sat and savored the moment.  I didn’t rush towards the next one.
 
I created time.
 
You stop for a few minutes and giggle at something silly, or smile at something simple and create time. 
 
I dare you.
 
“It takes a full 20 minutes after your stomach is full for your brain to register satisfaction.  How long does it take your soul to realize that your life is full?
 
*All quotes from 1000 Gifts
 

1 comment:

  1. oohhh i loved this sooo much!!! :) i am going to learn to savor the moment.

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren