home best of FAQs contact

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

required summer reading [and kale chips]

I love reading.
like, I used to get in trouble for staying up too late reading as a kid.
one of my favorite post college activities is reading anything, anytime.

and my kindle makes it so much fun.

thanks to some great friends, I am currently making my way through Harry Potter.
this is my list of everything I want to read (or finish reading) this summer
  1. Harry Potter.  I know I am like 10 years too late on this trend, but not having to wait years between books makes it sooooo worth it.
  2. Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls.  I have read her book The Glass Castle and loved it.  Hoping for more great storytelling.
  3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  I have seen this book everywhere and heard a lot of buzz about it.  I am curious to see what it's about.
  4. Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis.  I know, I know...I had a strange childhood where I read everything I could get my hands on, but missed Narnia.  It's being fixed, ASAP. 
What are you reading this summer?  What's been good?


Also, I made Kale chips last night, and Sam and I devoured all of them before dinner.  Oops.  It WAS a vegetable
 
 
To have some of this yummy goodness for yourself, just buy a single bunch of a kale.
Then wash and rip it up into bite sized pieces.  Wash in your salad spinner.
Drizzle with olive oil and salt.
Bake in your oven at 400 for 10-15 minutes.
 
Eat all of them. .

Happy Hump day--I'm off to pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren