home best of FAQs contact

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

pesto, pesto, pesto!

In the summer, I love pesto. 
Just kidding, I love it year round.
But I especially love it in the summer.
On pasta, fish, sandwhiches, you name it, I'll put pesto on it.



I got this easy pesto recipie out of a magazine last summer and it has been my go to ever since.  It's so easy and quick, and makes great great pesto! It only takes about 10 minutes and you will have extra that you can freeze for later.

what you need:
4 cups packed basil leaves
1 cup grated Parmesan
3/4 cup pine nuts (or walnuts)  Walnuts are much cheaper...that's what I use!
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 extra virgin olive oil

1. Combine all ingredients except oil in a food processor.  (Or, if you don't have one, like me, a blender will work).

2. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped.

3. With motor running, slowly pour the oil into the feed tube. Or, if you have a blender and no feed tube; just add all the oil to the blender and blend.

Use immediately or freeze!!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway that ends this week!  Get your last entries in!  enter here!

4 comments:

  1. that would be so good with pasta with grilled shrimp! yum!

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accidently clicked June and I saw the title for this post, so glad I did!

    I love pesto sauce! This recipe looks amazing! I'll definitely have to give it a try!

    Lauren

    http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/lnicolephotography

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terimakasih telah memberikan informasi menarik. Jika tidak keberatan, silahkan anda mengunjungi blog saya, banyak artikel menarik seputar Tutorial Iphone, contohnya seperti dibawah ini.

    Cara Menyimpan Video Dari Instagram di Iphone Dengan Aplikasi
    Aplikasi Save Video Instagram di Iphone
    Cara Menghidupkan Hotspot di Iphone

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Love,
Lauren